Call now for free quote! (800) 895-2058
Software Business Analyst
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in one of the leading financial services organizations based in Bethesda, MD for a Software Business Analyst who wants to lend their talents to a dynamic fast growing company where you can be at the cutting edge, work on multiple exciting projects, and make a difference in our , and make a difference in our industry!
Who Are We?
Rapid Financial Services LLC dba “RapidAdvance”is a leader in the alternative financing industry providing capital to small and mid-sized business owners. Headquartered in downtown Bethesda, Maryland, our products have proven vital to small business owners by providing financing to clients whose access to capital through their traditional means, such as banks, credit unions, small business credit cards, and home equity loans has become more restricted over the past several years. By utilizing models that examine historical cash flow and expected future performance, RapidAdvance is able to take a different approach to business financing and fill the void in small business financing caused by the current economic climate.
Our Company is well capitalized and aggressively invests in technology to achieve its business objectives including creating “best in class” systems across all disciplines. We pride ourselves on a corporate culture with a strong track record of success, professionalism and personal service.
The Software Business Analysts assists in systems analysis, design, development, and implementation within the Business and Technology divisions of RapidAdvance. More importantly, analyzes the business requirements for use in both custom and third party technology solutions. This candidate will provide support throughout the entire Agile System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and serve as an advocate for the business users throughout the entire lifecycle of solution development. Projects involve the development of new applications, workflows, and processes or the substantial modification of existing systems. The perfect candidate will be a quick-learner and adapt to various technology platforms and tools.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will:
- Be accountable for leading solutions from producing technical requirements through solution architecture, development, adhoc testing, and deployment phases
- Elicit requirements (using interviews, document analysis, surveys business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and workflow analysis ) for software applications, structuring them in requirements documents for stakeholders sign off
- Work with QA Testers to review test procedure documents and test applications before releases
- Create user manuals and FAQs, and lead training sessions with users
- Filter, identify and report software defects as well as authorized change requests, and working with the Development side to get them coded, verified and deployed
- Partial user support (tier 2) in the form of participating in the IT Support Help Desk
- Coordinate with the Development staff to review and validate requirements and evaluate technical feasibilities
- Support and coordinate system implementations in conjunction with our Development team throughout the project lifecycle (analysis/design, testing, and rollout).
- Facilitate a smooth transition to the support team for ongoing support once the application is live and in “production mode”
- Develop and maintain technical documentation on current and future state of information technology systems, applications, interfaces and processes
- Research and analyze new tools / processes that can help the team become more efficient
- Write requirements specifications according to approved templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously and concisely
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field, with 5 years’ professional experience within software applications support
- Prior experience using SDLC methodologies as Business Analyst or Systems Analyst
- First class written, presentation and verbal communication skills (Technical Writing experience is a plus). Comfortable and experienced in one-to-one situations, leading small meetings, hold training sessions for end users, presenting to large groups of senior C-suite executives
- Strong analysis, organization, communications, interpersonal skills and project management skills are essential
- Are a Problem Solver- someone who makes recommendations by identifying the problem, collaborating with stakeholders and business process owners to solve complicated issues with sustainable processes and systems, with written documentation and follow up to test the implemented solution
- Organization skills – the person in this role would be responsible to work with testers to ensure all functionality is verified
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation, providing help desk support, and training users
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex financial applications
- Creative and flexible in attitude and style to adapt to new situations in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Proven track record of leading others and positive change in project definition, project delivery, and process improvement
- Sharp, quick, and confident with the ability to deal with business and system problems
- Working knowledge/experience related to the lifecycle of a loan (initiation through funding)
Technical skills required:
- MS Office
- MS Team Foundation Server
- MS Visual Studio
- MS Visio
- Working knowledge of multiple requirements management tools
You can also look forward to:
- Immediately become a significant part of rapidly growing organization.
- Working on high profile, highly visible projects.
- Having opportunities to take on leadership roles
- Working with the industry’s best professional Development team.
- Having the support of everyone in the organization to help you execute.
- Having your successes recognized, cheered and rewarded.
- Being challenged intellectually – possibly more than you have ever been before.
RapidAdvance consistently recruits the best and brightest. We offer best-in-class rewards and benefits including excellent pay, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending (health and dependent care), paid vacation and holidays, commuting allowance and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
If you are looking for a rewarding career committed to making an impact in the business community, this is the place! Apply now and we can start a conversation about how this role aligns with your skills, experience, and career ambitions.
For more information about employment opportunities with RapidAdvance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RapidAdvance is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.